Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Spaghetti


Tonight for dinner we had Spaghetti and Ceaser Salad. This is by far my kids favorite meal. My daughter begs for it every week. My kids actually ate seconds. My daughter ate thirds. And again, I had all of the ingredients needed in my freezer/pantry. So no money out of the food budget for the week. Super simple yummy dinner.

Waistline: The noodles are whole wheat noodles. And I used ground turkey instead of ground beef. My kids have actually never had white noodles because I only make wheat. And they've never had ground beef in Spaghetti because again, I only use ground turkey in all of my recipes that call for ground beef. BTW: Jennie-O ground turkey is on sale at Smith's this week for $2.79 per 1.25 lb package which is an amazing deal.

4 comments:

  1. so excited to be the first to comment! you're amazing al. love that you're doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the food looks so yummy! It looks like your family is going to be eating like Kings and we all get to be jealous of your dinners, and get some good idea's. Those pork chops looked so scrumptious.

    I can't wait to see what's cookin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me! (I always thought you were a cooker...who knew?) This will be fun to follow, and I will add input (and steal ideas)! Oh, and here's something yummy to have with those pork chops to make it healthier; do the cauliflower 'mashed potatoes' instead. Goes very well with pork chops! Bon apetit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute idea! How fun, help me get motivated, dinner is the WORST for me.

    ReplyDelete