Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cauliflower Soup and French Bread


So tonight for dinner I found this yummy looking recipe. I love soup and especially in the fall. It was quite easy to make, just took some time. But with lots of vegetables you can't go wrong. And half and half. Oh my. I love half and half. Real cream too. Growing up my mom used to put half and half or sometimes real cream on our cereal. Yum! When I was pregnant with my darling daughter I used to buy fat free half and half and have it on my honey nut cherrios every morning. Delightful. But I digress. I didn't serve meat with this dish because I asked my carnivorous husband what I should serve with it and he said I didn't need to add anything to it. That's easy enough for me. But I did buy some fresh french bread, which my kids love.

Waistline: Not too bad. The sour cream and the half and half aren't very good but I figure the veggies counter-act that. (I know they really don't but it makes me feel better to say it.)

Frugality: The vegetables were cheap and so were the half and half and sour cream and the bread wasn't bad. Everything else I had on hand.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious!!! Post the receipe if you get a minute!

    ReplyDelete