Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pan Fried Pork Chops





Before I even had a chance to decide what to make for dinner tonight I read the Pioneer Woman's blog and found this little wonder. I'm quite excited because I have plenty of pork chops in my freezer. Which makes the cost on those $0. I also have some potatoes so check on that. They aren't new potatoes but they will do.

My friend Mindy's husband's father (say that four times fast) is a corn farmer down in Southern Utah. They have a corn fest every year and then Kevin and Mindy bring home tons of sweet corn on the cob. Last year we sealed a bunch in freezer bags with this nifty device and so we're still stocked full on yummy corn. How about that? Oh and since we are such good friends, it was free. That's right. A years worth of corn-free.

Frugality: No money out of pocket for dinner tonight.

Waistline: Um, ya. Didn't do so well on that one tonight. But don't they look yummy? And to think, all of the ingredients are in my house already. Although it is glaringly obvious that there is nothing green on my plate. Next time I'd do a wedge salad instead of corn.

1 comment: