Sunday, October 4, 2009

Here goes nothing...


So I do not cook. Well I seldom cook. And I know I should and so I have found new resolve to do so. So I am starting this blog as a way to possibly motivate me. We need to save money here in our humble home and cooking at home is going to do wonders. At least that's what my husband keep telling me. Oy! But he is right...at least about this.

I also want to cook the "frugal" way. In other words I want to save money by eating at home and save even more money by shopping smart and planning my meals around weekly sales and coupons and such.

And last but not least I want to start cooking at home more because I want to lose some weight. (What's new huh?) Eating out and eating crap is not conducive to a slender figure. Who knew? Why can't chips and sweets be good for you? They taste so good. What gives? I know, I know, a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips. Or the belly in my case. Or as my good friend LouLou would say her "placenta". LOL!

It's not that I don't know how to cook some things. I cook a mean spaghetti. (A "healthified" one at that with ground turkey instead of ground beef and wheat pasta instead of white.) But who doesn't. It's so easy. And I can make tacos. Oh ya, I make amazing tacos. And breakfast for dinner. That I can do. In fact I make the pancakes or waffles from scratch and they are delicious. That's probably because it's more like baking. And I can bake. Most of the time. I took dinner to my friend's house tonight. I took some cupcakes I thought were going to be great. I got home and took a bite and yuck! The frosting was horrible and I am so embarrassed!

But that is all in the past and I am going to cook for my sweet Famiglia! I love them so! Join me on my journey. It'll be interesting, trust me.

3 comments:

  1. I already love your new blog and LouLou's comment made me laugh out loud. How into couponing are you? I just started a month ago and I've spent 60% less and yet have somehow managed to fill up my freezer! Crazy! Can't wait to read along on your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are the same when it comes to cooking. I do tacos, spaghetti and breakfast for dinner too!! Maybe your blog can help me out too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I was the benefactor of that yummy dinner and those cupcakes were not yucky! And according to my husband you're like the best cook ever - so don't be too hard on yourself :) I'm excited to follow your adventures!

    ReplyDelete