Monday, December 21, 2009

Scrumptious Seven Layer Dip

This is for my darling awesome Cowan family that I got to see last night. I made this dip last night for my Dad's annual Christmas party. Here ya go gals!

Seven Layer Dip
1 16 oz can of re-fried beans
1 16 oz sour cream
1 taco seasoning packet
3 avocados
garlic powder
lime juice
2 cups shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar and monterey jack)
1 can sliced olives
1 roma tomato
green onions

So all I do is layer the bottom with the refried beans. Then I mix the taco seasoning packet into the tub of sour cream. Then I put that as my second layer. Then I make the guacamole by mashing the avocados then adding the lime juice and garlic powder to taste. Then that is my third layer. (You could put the guac as second and sour cream as third if you wanted to.) Then the next layer is the cheese. Then I chop up the tomato and put that on top. Then add the olives. Then the green onions. I didn't have any green onions last night so I didn't add those. So technically it was a 6 layer dip. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment