Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Homemade Spaghetti


Hello, is this thing on?

So I really have been cooking since my last post. I just keep forgetting to post. I made at least 5 dinners I swear. ;) So first of all I also added a recipe at the bottom of this post that I made for Super Bowl Sunday dinner. I forgot to take any pics.

Here is a yummy recipe for homemade marinara sauce. I got it from my cute friend and new visiting teachee Charees Miller.

chop a yellow onion
chop up a clove of garlic
shred 1 carrot
shred 1 zucchini
saute in olive oil
add 1T italian seasoning and some fresh basil--if you have it
add a large (20oz) can crushed tomatoes in puree

simmer for one hour

Yummo! I also added some ground turkey tonight for some protein. I used a pound but in the future will only use a quarter of that. It was too meaty for me. So I added another can of tomato puree. I wanted to savor more of the marinara. Served it with a caesar salad. My kids loved it.

Waistline: Very good. All healthy ingredients. And I used whole wheat noodles.
Frugality: Very "cheap" meal. Had it all on hand.

Super Bowl Chicken White Chili
--realize that she calls it "simple" but it took me a good 2 hours.

And thank you to my one reader Kristen. :) Hope you like this.

1 comment:

  1. If you could please host a giveaway on your next post that would be fantastic! Do this while you still only have one reader (moi) please. ;)

    Looks good. Question, been wanting to try the ground turkey, but have you frozen it? Does it taste as good as ground beef? Trying to cut out red meat from our house, not completely but you know...

    ReplyDelete